Two ways to audition:
Option 1 – Open Audition
When: March 1st 11a.m – 4p.m.
Where: Hill Country Galleria – Outdoor Amphitheater
12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave, TX 78738
What to Bring:
- Signed and Completed CW Star Application (You will not be given an audition number unless application is completed. Rules and Regulations)
- Copy of current photo ID.
- Three Photographs. Each clearly labeled on the back with your name and phone number. One must be a close-up and one must be a full length (clothed.) Only one picture can be black and white. No logo or other intellectual property that you do no possess full rights to shall be included.
***You will be interviewed on camera by station representatives and will then be asked to record a 60-second plea to the CW Viewers to why you should be the next CW Star. You will not be allowed to re-record. Your plea will be posted at thecwaustin.com if you are chosen as a semi-finalist or finalist.
Option 2 – Upload Your Application/Audition Now
- Completed CW Star Application via our online form.
- Upload a 60-second Video Plea why you should be chosen as The CW Star. You must do this while filling out the online form.
WHO IS THE CW AUSTIN STAR?
The CW Austin Star works for the CW Austin for one year to cover everything Austin and Entertainment for central Texas. This role is an opportunity to get great experience within the television entertainment industry. The CW Austin Star helps cover events and promote The CW programming and digital platforms. Red Carpets, local events, national events, concerts, movie premieres, celebrity interviews are just a few of the assignments The CW Star will be given. They are the face of this central Texas television station. They will write, shoot edit and blog as well as star in spots and entertainment updates every day and report for The CW Austin’s sister station KXAN.