The City of Austin’s “Give Us 5 Challenge” encourages Austinites to increase recycling in their homes by 5 pounds each month. Here are some tips to help you recycle as much as possible:
- Be aware of what you can and cannot recycle. Visit austinrecycles.com for a complete list.
- Never let recyclables go into the trash.
- Recycle throughout your house. Add a recycling bin in every room to make it easier.
- Make recycling a daily habit.
- Get everyone in your house involved.
Reducing the amount of waste that goes to the landfill means preserving natural resources and creating a better tomorrow for Austin residents. For tips on how to recycle more in your home visit austintexas.gov/giveus5 and follow Austin Resource Recovery on Facebook at facebook.com/austinrecycles. Remember we’re all in this together; so Give Us 5, Austin!