GONE WITH THE WIND V-Day Feast at Slaughter
GONE WITH THE WIND is the original and still reigning ultimate blockbuster. The legendary story of the trials and tribulations of the beautiful and tempestuous Scarlett O’Hara during one of the most turbulent periods in American history is the very epitome of a Big Screen Classic: unforgettable characters in a captivating story, surrounded by magnificent scenery meant to be experienced larger-than-life on the glorious big screen.
And so it is with great pride that we present this stunning digital restoration for Alamo audiences to feast their eyes upon while treating their taste buds to a themed feast of Southern food. As God is our witness, you’ll never be hungry again!*
*Well, at least not for the duration of the film.
Buy Your Tickets Now At: bit.ly/1zYJ9BH
Dai Due: is offering a special menu with choice of Butcher Shop (meat) or Seafood menu. It will be three savory courses with a choice of coffee or tea and a choice of dessert.
Single or Taken,
Celebrate the Sweetest Night of the Year at
Shoal Crossing Social Club’s
Shoal Crossing Social Club hosts Austin’s biggest St. Valentine’s Bash on February 13th; an unforgettable evening filled with party photos, a classy bar lounge, a smoking courtyard, magic, fine dining, live big band music, and dancing that has even Cupid himself RSVPing.
Trade the crowded nightclub for plenty of romance and mingling!
Arrive early for dance lessons and a romantic three course dinner, or just come for the band- meet and mingle on the dance floor! Single or taken, in a relationship or “it’s complicated,” Shoal Crossing Social Club is the ultimate Valentine’s destination- it’s not a night club, it’s a social club!
For tickets and more information visit www.shoalcrossingsocialclub.com
TRACE – Available on Valentine’s Day from 5-11pm, diners can select from a 3 course meal for $65/person or 4 course meal for $75/person. Choose from dishes like Agnolotti en Brodo (foie gras filled pasta, duck consommé), Carolina Gold Rice Grits (w/ house guancaile, cheddar, broccoli, soft poached egg), Roasted Lamb Loin (braised shank, black pepper dumpling, maple, sweet potato, mustard seed), and finish on a sweet note with the White Chocolate Raspberry Kiss or the Exotic Passion Fruit and Coconut Cake.
AIR SEX CHAMPIONSHIPS: VALENTINE’S EDITION
The Air Sex Championships are hilarious, raunchy, and so singularly remarkable they defy description. Think Air Guitar, but with an imaginary sexual partner (or partners) in place of a musical instrument. Entering its sixth year as a nationally touring roadshow, Air Sex combines the pageantry and prestige of sports with the creative arts of storytelling, pantomiming, and improvisation. Beyond that, it’s a show you’ll have to experience yourself to believe.
The show is hosted by comedian Chris Trew, produced by The New Movement, and is the subject of an upcoming feature-length film.
For More Information Visit : bit.ly/1z3Nimw
- Open 11am-4pm as usual. No reservations. First come, first served for seating, as usual.
- Three course pre-fixe food menu for $15 per person (NOTE: this will be the only food available. Our regular menu will not be served).
- Menu consists of : Course 1) Orange Honey-Glazed Pecan Cinnamon Roll w/Bacon Crumbles Course 2) Housemade Yogurt & Seasonal Fruit Parfait Course 3) Fried Chicken & Waffles with Chipotle-Maple Drizzle
- Vegetarian modifications to the above menu will be available (i.e. no bacon on the cinnamon roll, sub chicken for fresh fruit on the entree).
- $4 mimosas and bloody marys
- 20% of all bottles of wine (including bubbles)
- $5 punch
All bets are off at this special Valentine’s Day screening of Channing Tatum’s iconic MAGIC MIKE. We’re throwing our Don’t Talk rules out (along with our better judgment), bringing back our signature… ahem… cocktails, and generally planning to have a hell of time watching this strange, sublime and sexy masterpiece from Steven Soderbergh.
Living Room at W Austin
Grab your bestie or sweetheart for a night of Crafts & Craft Cocktails in the W Austin’s Living Room from 7-9pm on Tuesday, February 10. Led by the crafting gurus at CRAFT, start the evening choosing a glass piece, like a vase or wine glass to etch stencils you’ll create and design. While you complete your masterpiece, learn how to make the perfect craft cocktail with W Austin libationist, Dustin Courtright and get to sample some of your work. Still thirsty? Not to worry, the Living Room’s Primetime daily happy hour is from 7-10pm so you’ll stay refreshed with half off libations and specialty nibbles. http://www.whotelaustin.com/getcrafty
Tired of buying chocolate and roses? Or did you forget to buy your significant other something for Valentine’s Day? Not to worry, Hey Cupcake has you covered with the seasonal special LuvCake (strawberry cream cheese covered chocolate cake) and LuvPak (2 LuvCakes, 2 Vanilla Dreams, 2 Red Velvets; $12), available at all seven locations and same-day delivery. Receive 15% off all online orders with the promo code “Vday15”. For gluten-intolerant cupcake lovers, Hey Cupcake! now offers gluten-free red velvet cupcakes, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved one downtown at Sullivan’s with a classic 4-course menu for $59 per person. The menu will be available throughout Valentine’s Day weekend (Feb 13-15) and features dishes like Roasted Rack of Lamb, 16oz Ribeye, Lobster Basil Stuffed Shrimp, Lobster Mac & Cheese, and Banana Nutella Bread Pudding.
Epicerie is doing a four-course dinner that is $55 per person. The menu includes:
- Charred radicchio salad with porkbelly and farm carrots
- Seared scallop, wild mushroom risotto, caviar, brioche, herbs
- Cana de oveja, hazelnut brittle, black currant
- Strawberry shortcake
Uchi and Uchiko are offering a special Valentine’s Day Omakase, which consists of a seven-course chef’s daily tasting menu showcasing “the greatest hits” of the menu designed by the Chef de Cuisine. It features six savory courses, plus one sweet, and is meant to be shared between two people for $150.
Searsucker – V-Day 2015, $75/per person
Starter: seared prosciutto wrapped delicata squash + cabrales + maple
- salmon + spiced marcona almonds + agrodolce
- escarole “caesar” + white anchovy + bacon and grana padano crouton
- beef tartare + 7 minute egg + avocado + sweet potato chips
- chicken liver mousse + red onion jam + maldon + toasted brioche
- wheat berries + pumpkin seeds + arugula + confit tomatoes + herb ving
- wild mushroom soup + focaccia crumb + chive pistou
- charred octopus + n’duja + confit fingerlings + miners lettuce
- oyster “po’boy” + toasted brioche + tuscan kale puree + pickled peppers
- asparagus + crispy egg + serrano ham + camembert cream
- foie “PB & J”
- pan seared yucca + white beans + sofritto
- john dory + bloomsdale spinach + king trumpets + salsify puree
- airline chicken + popcorn sauce + corn ragu
- filet + rapini + potato + borderlaise (add foie $10 up charge)
- “cippino” + seared crab crusted cod + prawn + mussels + surf clams + garlic ciabatta toast
- Ricotta cheesecake: smoked almond cake + candied almods + strawberry vanilla confit
- Chocolate praline torte: Milk chocolate hazelnut crunch + ganache +praline mousse + black currant sauce
Odd Duck: Offering Valentine’s Day small plate specials in addition to their regular menu.
Peche: Offering Valentine’s Day dinner specials in addition to their regular menu.